At Icon Eyewear, we endeavour to offer a high level of eye care and eye services. We strive for excellence by offering the latest technology available in the eye care field in Australia. We offer expertise in optometry, dispensing and contact lens fitting.
It is recommended that you have your eyes tested every two years.
Icon Eyewear has been providing Hurstville with advanced eye care since 1992. Icon was originally know as MDM Eyecare Centre and practiced within Westfield Shoppingtown until moving to its present location on the corner of Cross Street and Park Road adjacent to Westfields 10 years ago.
The practice is independently owned and operated by our Optometrists Michael Mihailidis and Maria Dimitratos who strive to remain at the forefront in technology.
Icon utilises only the latest in gold standard computerised equipment ensuring early detection of such eye diseases as Macula Degeneration, Glaucoma, Cataracts and Diabetic Retinopathy, using methods that are non invasive.
We specialise in the fitting of contact lenses; both cosmetic and scripted. Michael Mihailidis is skilled in the fitting of Ortho-Keratology contact lenses which are sleep-in lenses that correct the early stages of short sightedness.
Our optical dispensers/technician and staff are well trained, very experienced which is a perfect compliment to our practice and are all dedicated to making your visit to Icon a pleasant and worthwhile.
The practice is easily accessed by the elderly or mothers with prams via a ramp from Cross Street.
- OCT (Optical Coherence Tomography) helps the optometrist to clearly see the internal structures of your eye, so problems can be treated before they progress. The OCT is safe and is the only technology that provides the cross sectional images for precise diagnosis and treatment. It allows the optometrist to examine the individual layers of the retina, to measure delicate structures and monitor any changes. The OCT detects eye diseases such as Glaucoma and Macular Degeneration.
- OPTOmap ultra wide digital retinal imaging system captures more than 80% of your retina in one panoramic image. Traditional methods typically reveal only 10-15% of your retina at one time.
- OCULUS Keratograph is an advanced corneal topographer which helps examine the Meibomian glands and the non-invasive tear film time and the teat meniscus height mesurement. It examines the lipid layer and helps the optometrist determine the most effective treatment for dry eye.
- E-Eye is an IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) device where a series of flases are applied under the lower eyelid. How do these flashes help? They stimulate the Meibomian glands in order for them to return their normal function and reduce the effects of dry eye.
- Initial Comprehensive Consultation: $75
- Contact Lens Assessment: $140
We have Health Fund Packages available for frames and lenses and have facilities to claim from your Private Health Fund on the spot.
28/2A Cross Street
(Corner of Cross Street and Park Road)